CyberGhost's malware/tracking blocker and the data compression feature for mobile traffic are server-based features and run directly on the respective chosen server:
- Block malicious websites: Blocks malicious content and harmful websites
- Block online tracking: Removes website content that might be used to track your browsing behavior
- Data compression: Compresses images and web content thus saving mobile data usage costs
To get access to the extra features of CyberGhost you need to have a regular CyberGhost subscription, either from Google Play Store or directly from CyberGhost. They are not available for:
- Subscribers of Special Edition packages
- Subscribers of promotion packages (such as free subscriptions from magazines or other promotions)
Please note that ALL extra features are server-based and therefore only work when you are connected to a CyberGhost server. The client itself doesn't provide any of these features, it solely works as a remote control.
To activate or de-activate a pre-protection feature inside the Android client, click in the main program window of a profile on the 'Options' button and then on the white switch near the resp. feature itself.
Does the feature switch change its color to yellow, the respective feature is activated und will be processed as soon as a VPN connection is established.