If you are an existing CyberGhost user, please log-in with your current account credentials.
Please make sure the account, you want to log in to, has a valid running subscription and the maximum number of allowed devices is not reached yet. If the latter is the case, please visit your account management first and remove an existing device
After finishing the 7 days trial period CyberGhost will be reduced to a basic (but full secure) VPN service (including IP exchange, no logs and 256 bit AES encryption), which limits access to the Secure Wi-Fi Hot Spot profile (including automatic protection). You can regain full functionality anytime by purchasing a subscription. In a nutshell the following options are available:
- Free (but limited) service.
- In-App Upgrade to an Android subscription (valid for up to 5 devices running under the same Google account).
- External upgrade to a regular CyberGhost subscription (valid for up to 5 devices running on different platforms, such as Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and/or using a native protocol).
If you don't want or need a paid upgrade you can use CyberGhost's free basic VPN service. You have access then to the profile 'Hotspot Security' with all VPN functions such as IP exchange, 256-bit AES encryption and no logs, but are not entitled to use any of the other profiles as well as additional features such as data compression and anti tracking. Furthermore a waiting queue might delay the connection time and after 3 hours you will be disconnected from the VPN (but can re-connect at once).
An upgrade can be done as an in-app purchase within Google's Play Store or by buying a regular subscription license on the CyberGhost home page.
When upgrading through the Google Play Store an anonymous CyberGhost account will be created automatically und the subscriber logged in. This account is limited to max. 5 Android devices and can be restored (in case of lost of credentials or an accidental log-out) through the menu entry 'Restore Purchase'. The restoring process will be handled by Google.
Every subscription based on an In-App purchase can be used on up to 5 Android devices bound to the same Google account. It can NOT be used on devices with different operating systems or devices bound to different Google accounts. For that you need a regular CyberGhost subscription as can be purchased on our homepage.
For upgrading CyberGhost with a regular subscription, please visit the CyberGhost VPN online account management.
Click/tap in the upper menu on the entry 'My Account'. In the area 'Overview' you find your current subscription status and a purchase/upgrade button.
Your order takes place online, where you first decide for the payment interval (e. g. monthly or yearly).
Scroll down the page to step 2/3.
In order to use a CyberGhost subscription you need an anonymous CyberGhost account. Depending on whether or not you already have one, the next steps are slightly different:
- Existing customer: In order to renew, upgrade or extend your CyberGhost subscription please login to your account first. Once done you will see your account data and the remaining runtime of your current CyberGhost subscription (if existing). After purchase the new subscription will be added as additional time on top of any remaining days.
- New customer: If you are new to CyberGhost or want a new account, please enter a valid email address, needed for payment confirmation, invoice and account data delivery.
Now decide for a payment method, click on 'Continue to payment' and enter your payment details. Payment will be processed by a third party service to avoid privacy breaches based on common data bases. Click on 'Continue'.
All personal data such as credit card number, PayPal account, names, etc. will stay private with the payment provider and never be submitted to third parties, not even CyberGhost itself.
On the next page check your details and acknowledge that you buy a subscription with recurring payment cycles. Click on 'Buy now'.
Special conditions (e. g. half the price) are only valid for the first payment, while the next payment will reflect the regular subscription price.
After the payment process ended successfully you will receive a confirmation and your credentials to use your subscription with CyberGhost:
- User name: Your temporrary user name to login to the client and your online account management.
- Password: Your temporrary password to login to the client and your online account management.
- Reference number: Your cleverbridge purchase number. Please always submit this number, if you have questions regarding your purchase such as asking for a refund or an account recovery.
- Recovery token: This token can be used to quickly recover the account after the loss of your temporary credentials.
It is recommended to save the data in a file on your computer by clicking on 'Save the login data on my computer'. Just to make sure the same data will also be sent to you as a backup copy in an email to the address provided.
How to use your subscription
After purchase the system immediately activates the subscription on your account. New users should now click on the button 'Move to my account' at the bottom of the screen to change their interim user name and password in their account management.
When accessing the account management page the account setup wizard identifies the interim account as such and helps you to create individual login data.
Enter a new user name and a new password (twice), and click on 'Finish'. You will now receive a PUK for account recovery reasons and the possibility to print or store your new credentials, including the PUK. Please do so, because CyberGhost does not store your account credentials.
A subscription CAN NOT be used with different accounts. It is bound to the account originally used for purchasing.
As a last step open your Android client, tap on the bar symbol for the side menu and then on 'Log-in'. Enter the credentials of your new CyberGhost account. In case you are logged in to a different account, please log out first (the system doesn't recognize your external purchase, because it was made using a different account).