The profile 'Unblock Streaming' is designed for accessing many popular streaming services such as YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, BBC, and alike without having to test servers manually. Based on an internal list, which gets updated and checked daily, CyberGhost grants access to all supported platforms, while users can also add their own favorite websites.
|Please note there might be a narrow time window between the complete blockage of a streaming service and the removal of the respective sub-profile from the streaming list. In general all services in the list are reachable, but in rare situations it might happen that a service got blocked in the time between two list checks.|
To start the profile, click on the 'Unblock Streaming' tile and then on the respective button of the service you want to watch. Please note that some services operate in different countries and provide different content for the respective country. If that is the case you can choose the needed country from a drop down list right inside the button.
Optional features such as ad blocker, tracking blocker and malware blocker are deactivated to avoid jerky streaming or other problems, but as with each other profile CyberGhost provides the following functions by default (whether shown in the connection window or not):
- No Logs: CyberGhost does not log any user behavior, any web targets, any communication, or any other activity that could compromise a user's identity.
- Military Grade Encryption: The VPN tunnel is encrypted with 256-bit AES, the same strength the US army uses.
- Hidden IP: The user's original IP address will be replaced by an IP address of the CyberGhost network. That way a user's identity stays safe and no visited website can be traced back to him/her.
- IP-Sharing: As an additional security layer each CyberGhost IP address will be shared with all other users, who take advantage of the respective server at the same time - while each user is strictly separated from each other, so no data could be cross-transfered.
- KillSwitch: The auto Internet KillSwitch blocks all Internet traffic, if the VPN connection drops unexpectedly - until the user gives his go or the VPN connection got re-established. Open programs can be closed in the meantime without any data leaks.
- LeakProtection: By default CyberGhost protects against IPv6 leaks, Port Forwarding leaks, and DNS leaks.
To filter the list display click on the appropriate menu entry:
- All: Displays all entries.
- Most popular: Displays the most watched platforms.
- Own region: Display only platforms from your home country.
- Search: Allows to search for a specific platform by simply typing its name into the search field.
- Add your own: Allows you to add your own favorite website to the list and (optional) send the address to CyberGhost.
To add a website simply click on 'Add your own', enter the address and link the platform to one or multiple server(s). Each server should be located inside the country, in which the respective streaming service is located as well. If you activate multiple servers for a website CyberGhost will choose the best fitting automatically.
Example: You are abroad and want to access your subscribed SyFy account. For that do as follows:
- Add address: Type the address 'http://www.syfy.com' into the address field. (Instead 'www.syfy.com' add the address of the platform you want.)
- Add server(s): Open the server list for the USA and activate one or more US servers by simply clicking on the respective check box. (Instead 'USA' choose the country, the platform to which you subscribed, is located in.) is located
- Save: Click on 'Save custom website'.
- Optional: Send your settings anonymously to CyberGhost. If a certain amount of other users also have interest in your platform, it will be added to the list of supported websites and checked daily on availability.
- Activate: Your platform will be added on top of the lists 'Own Region' and 'All'. Alternatively you can start your website via the search field.
Each added button comes with two symbols to delete or change the respective entry. Changes can be done to the address of the website and the linked server(s).
After successful connecting to a VPN server you get the following feedback from the CyberGhost app:
- Website: Name and address of the website your are connected to and want to watch.
- Country: Displays the current server location. (Please note that some services are available in different countries (such as Netflix) and you have to choose the respective one from the drop down list inside the platform button.)
- Did it work?: Please help CyberGhost to improve its service by voting 'Yes' or 'No', depending on whether the connection did work or not. For more details or your general opinion please use the 'Feedback' entry in the main menu.
- Status: Displays the current protection status.
To disconnect from the VPN network click on 'STOP XXXX' (where 'XXXX' is the respective platform).