The profile 'Unblock Basic Websites' connects automatically to a server outside your home country to get access to censored or blocked platforms such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc. It is optimized for maximum anonymity and simplicity. A click on the respective button connects to the VPN network and opens the target site automatically in your default browser.
To start the profile with it's default settings, click on the 'Unblock Basic Website' tile and then on the respective button of the platform you want to access.
You are not limited to the chosen platform or the started browser. Instead you can surf freely or use any other Internet compatible program, while being protected by the CyberGhost VPN.
As usual the following functions are activated by default (whether shown in the connection window or not) and can not be altered:
- No Logs: CyberGhost does not log any user behavior, any web targets, any communication, or any other activity that could compromise a user's identity.
- Military Grade Encryption: The VPN tunnel is encrypted with 256-bit AES, the same strength the US army uses.
- Hidden IP: The user's original IP address will be replaced by an IP address of the CyberGhost network. That way a user's identity stays safe and no visited website can be traced back to him/her.
- IP-Sharing: As an additional security layer each CyberGhost IP address will be shared with all other users, who take advantage of the respective server at the same time - while each user is strictly separated from each other, so no data could be cross-transfered.
- KillSwitch: The auto Internet KillSwitch blocks all Internet traffic, if the VPN connection drops unexpectedly - until the user gives his go or the VPN connection got re-established. Open programs can be closed in the meantime without any data leaks.
- LeakProtection: By default CyberGhost protects against IPv6 leaks, Port Forwarding leaks, and DNS leaks.
After successful connecting to a VPN server you get the following feedback from the CyberGhost app:
- Website: Name and address of the platform your are connected to and want to watch.
- Country: Displays the current server location.
- Did it work?: Please help CyberGhost to improve its service by voting 'Yes' or 'No', depending on whether the connection did work or not. For more details or your general opinion please use the 'Feedback' entry in the main menu.
- Status: Displays the current protection status.
To disconnect from the VPN network click on 'STOP UNBLOCKING'.