Similar to the Wi-Fi protection profile, the 'Surf Anonymously' profile encrypts your traffic, camouflages your unique private IP address to keep your identity anonymously and prevents your online behavior from being tracked. Furthermore you can manually choose an individual server to connect to.
By tapping on the button 'Options' you can adapt certain settings to fine tune your 'Anonymous Surfing' profile, whereas the following functions are due to security reasons not to be deactivated:
- Encryption: All connections will be secured by 256-bit AES, which can't be intruded from the outside.
- Hidden IP: Your original IP address will be replaced by an IP address from the CyberGhost network, so your identity can't be tracked down. At the same time the very same IP address will be shared with all other users on the respective server, thus extending your anonymity.
- No logs: CyberGhost is committed to its NO LOGS policy requiring the minimum user data to run the service.
- KillSwitch: The automatic Internet KillSwitch blocks all connections as soon as it detects an unexpected connection loss to the CyberGhost network.
- LeakProtection: CyberGhost protects against IPv6, Port Forwarding and DNS leaks.
The next bundle of features can be changed:
- Remove Advertising: Server side based ad filtering.
- Block Tracking: Blocks content that tracks your online activity.
- Virus Protection: A proactive, dynamic detection technology. It monitors processes’ behavior in real-time, as they are running, and tags suspicious activities.
|All functions are processed directly on the CyberGhost servers, before any data even get transmitted to your device, and therefor don't need any of its resources. To the contrary your device's battery will profit, since ad types such as videos and pictures don't have to be processed and displayed.|
In addition, the settings allow the manual selection of a country, if you want to simulate a stay there, for example to get access to your online banking or shopping account at home, when you are abroad.
Tap on the button 'Options', if not done already, then on 'Country' and choose the country to surf from. The single server to be used will be determined by CyberGhost automatically. This choice is based on an internal load balancing and considers speed as well as additional anonymity levels.
Once the profile is enabled, the interface will inform users about the successful protection and a counter will track the:
- Number of Ads blocked
- Malicious content
- Tracking attempts blocked.
The statistics with blocked ads, blocked malicious content and tracking attempts are displayed and updated with any new connection.