Your CyberGhost subscription can be used smoothly with many Linux distributions, if the respective one supports at least one of the native protocols OpenVPN, PPTP, IPSec or L2TP. Please note that not all Linux distributions do have all supported protocols integrated and, if a protocol is available, not all Linux installations will establish a connection to CyberGhost properly.
- You need a CyberGhost account
- You need a CyberGhost subscription (the Free Service doesn't include support of native protocols)
- Depending on your Linux distribution and the wanted protocol you might have to install third party software
- You need an IPv4 Internet connection (IPv6 is not supported by CyberGhost)
- Create a CyberGhost account: You can create an anonymous CyberGhost account for free online. Here you will find instructions on how to create it
- Purchase a CyberGhost subscription: A monthly or yearly subscription can be ordered directly from within your account management.
- Or activate a prepaid key: If you own an activation key, e. g. from a Bitcoin sale, please read here, how to activate a subscription manually.
- How to configure OpenVPN for Linux Ubuntu (Terminal)
- How to configure OpenVPN for Linux Ubuntu (with network manager)
- How to configure OpenVPN for Linux Debian (Terminal)
- How to configure OpenVPN for Linux Mint (with network manager)
- How to configure PPTP for Linux Ubuntu
- How to configure PPTP for Linux Chakra