Your account is managed online and can be accessed through the CyberGhost Account Management page directly from your preferred web browser.
This article presents some of the important areas that the CyberGhost account page has to offer.
The area 'Account Settings' allows to change your log-in data and type in a different user name as well as a different password.
While editing, please keep the following rules in mind:
- Username(alias): Your username must contain at least five characters and must not be longer than 32 characters. You can use numbers and letters, and it is not case-sensitive. You are recommended to use made-up names or random combinations that cannot provide any trace back to your real name.
- Email address: To help you re-create an abandoned account in case you lost your credentials, please enter a valid e-mail address.
- Password: A password is used to keep your account secure. You must enter this twice. Your password too must contain at least six characters and must not be longer than 32 characters. Another compulsory requirement is that you use at least one number. You are asked to use a random combination of uppercase and lowercase letters and special characters (! # + - _ ?).
Your changes will be rejected, if the username wanted is already in use by a different user and/or the password is too short or does include invalid characters.
- Fields where you can edit your: Username, E-mail and Password. Even assign a profile picture to your account.
- Account status: Displays the current subscription type this account is running on. The right handed button (‘Subscription details) can be used to move to the ‘My Subscription” page, while a click on any device icon under “Devices” allows to add/remove or configure any device that CyberGhost supports and it even works for downloading the app for the desired platform.
- Expires: End date of the current subscription.
- Active devices: Number of registered devices connected to this account.
- The number of slots available: Remaining number of devices the current plan allows to be connected to this account at the same time.
This page lists all registered devices (between 1 and 7 devices, depending on your subscription). A device can be a Desktop PC, a Notebook, a Smartphone or a Tablet PC, used with a CyberGhost client or a native protocol. Please note that the number of possible devices regards to devices used at the same time and not to the number of devices in general. This means you can use your CyberGhost subscription/account with as many devices as you like; only restriction is that you have to remove a device, if all slots are occupied as you need to register another one. Meaning you can of course use your CyberGhost account with an unlimited number of devices - just not at the same time.
Regular subscriptions/plans make available up to five slots for 7 different devices with a CyberGhost client (Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android) and Open VPN protocol configurations. If you want to use more or different devices than already registered, you need to remove at least one of the last registered devices on this page by clicking on the button 'Remove', right under the respective device.
*If a device has been removed, devices that use the CyberGhost program will be detected automatically and will synchronize in your account whereas devices with native protocols need to be manually added by you.
How to perform manual configurations
Each CyberGhost subscription can be used for manual configurations. All need to be configured manually right inside the respective operating system - for which in turn you need certain data, as in case of OpenVPN a configuration file.
First, use the "Configure New Device" as indicated below:
Open the page to the area “Server configuration” where you are generated with the login and configuration data for the desired protocol:
The page automatically extends and gives way to fine tune your native protocol connection. First type in a name for it, so you can better tell one from each other.
- Protocol: Choose a protocol, which is supported by your device
*The example shown is for OpenVPN as you have the following choices:
OpenVPN(TCP/UDP): Very secure and available for most platforms
- Country:Since native protocol connections may only be used with exactly one server you now have to choose the country you want to surf from; the server to be used in this country will be chosen by CyberGhost automatically. (If you want or need different OpenVPN connection, from a different countrie, repeat all steps for every country.)
- Server group:Depending on the chosen country as well as the availability of different server types as an attribute of your current plan you can also define a server group to use:
- OpenVPN (UDP): Very secure,UDP allows higher speeds than TCP, but can result in broken downloads in some cases.
- OpenVPN (TCP): Very secure, TCP allows more stable connections than UDP, but is a bit slower.
- Standard and Premium Server: This is the group of all paid service servers of the country chosen.
- Streaming servers: This is the choice that you will need to make when trying to stream (for example: Netflix US) through a manual configuration.
- NoSpy Server: This is the group of all exclusive NoSpy servers of the country chosen. These servers can only be accessed by those subscribers, who opt for them as an additional feature.
Not always does a single platform support all possible VPN protocols out of the box and you might need to add third party software.
To download the protocol configuration for a device, start with a click on the button “Other” and click: ‘Configure New Device'. This will load the area "Server configuration”. Here you are given the Username and Password and Pre-Shared key which have to be used for the manual configuration
(NOTE: Do not confuse them with your CyberGhost account information as they are treated independently, where one gives access to the CyberGhost account whereas the later gives access to the manual configuration that you have created).
Depending on the combination of the data you entered some more buttons might appear:
- Save and Download Configuration: For OpenVPN connections (only!) you need to download a zipped configuration file, which must be copied to your OpenVPN configuration folder and - depending on the respective OS - might need to be unpacked.
This area is only visible, if you have a running subscription connected to this account.
- Purchase date:The date in which the subscription was purchased.
- Reference number: The Reference number which as assigned to your purchase.
- Subscription: The name of the purchased plan
- Status: Active or Inactive, if you were using different subscriptions at different time intervals.
- Payment Provider: The payment provider that the purchase has been processed with
- Renewal fee: The amount that has been invoiced with your plan
Did you buy CyberGhost VPN from a store? Or were you part of one of our campaigns? Put your activation key to good use here. Use your activation key.
Refer to the following guide: How to use your activation key.
CyberGhost offers different kinds of support, an sufficient collection of instructions, FAQs (this one here) and troubleshooter hints, as well as a ticket system and a live chat, managed by our technical support department.
In case you want to delete the current account, please click on the respective labeled button right under the account settings. Please note that by removing your account you also delete all activation keys and remaining subscriptions! After deleting an account, you can't reactivate an already used activation key nor is our support able to recover deleted activation keys!