Your account will be managed online and can be accessed either directly or by clicking on the respective menu entry in your software client. In all cases access will be processed right inside your default web browser.
The first tab in your Account Management ('My Account') provides you with details about your current plan and running time.
Furthermore one can activate here license keys from promotions or special offers, cancel or pause subscriptions and delete the account.
1st area: Overview
- Plan name: Displays the current subscription type this account is running on. The right handed button ('Change your plan or payment interval') can be used to buy upgrades, while a click on 'I already have an activation key' allows to activate a pre paid serial.
- Expires: End date of the current subscription.
- Active devices: Number of registered devices connected to this account. The right handed button ('Configure') can be use to switch to to the page 'My Devices', where you can remove or add a device.
- Maximum devices: Number of devices the current plan allows to be connected to this account at the same time.
2nd area: Subscription
This area is only visible, if you have a running subscription connected to this account.
- Payment interval: States, if you own a monthly or yearly subscription.
- Next billing date / Cancel subscription: States the date of your next payment. If you want to cancel your subscription, please use the button on the right.
- Payment method: States the means of your payments. If you want to change it, please use the button on the right.
3rd area: Account Settings
The area 'Account Settings' allows to change your log-in data and type in a different user name as well as a different password.For any changes you need your (old) password or your PUK to confirm.
While creating, please keep the following rules in mind:
- User name: Your user name must contain at least five characters and must not be longer than 32 characters. You can use numbers and letters, and it is not case-sensitive. You are recommended to use made-up names or random combinations that cannot provide any trace back to your real name. DO NOT use an email address.
- Email address: To help you re-create an abandoned account in case you lost your credentials, please enter a valid emal address.
- Password: A password is used to keep your account secure. You must enter this twice. Your password too must contain at least five characters and must not be longer than 32 characters. Another compulsory requirement is that you use at least one number/letter in a combination. You are recommended to use a random combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters (! # + - _ ?).
|Your changes will be rejected, if the user name wanted is already in use by a different user and/or the password is too short or does include invalid characters.|
In case you want to delete the current account, please click on the respective labeled button right under the account settings. Please note that by removing your account you also delete all activation keys and remaining subscriptions! After deleting an account, you can't reactivate an already used activation key nor is our support able to recover deleted activation keys or accounts!
This page lists all automatically and manually registered devices (between 1 and 5 devices, depending on your subscription). A device can be a desktop PC, a notebook, a Smartphone, or a Tablet PC, used with a CyberGhost client or a native protocol. Please note that the number of possible devices is in regards to devices used at the same time and not to devices in general. This means you can use your CyberGhost subscription/account with as many devices as you like; only restriction is that you have to remove a device, if all slots are occupied and you want to register another one. Meaning you can of course use your CyberGhost account with an unlimited number of devices - just not at the same time:
- The Free Service makes available exactly one slot for a CyberGhost client (Windows, Mac, iOS, or Android).
- The regular Premium plan makes available one slot for a CyberGhost client (Windows, Mac, iOS, or Android) or for a native protocol (OpenVPN, PPTP, IPSec, or L2TP). If you want to use a different device than the one you usually make use of, you need to remove the last registered device on this page by clicking on the button 'Remove', right under the respective device button.
- The Premium Plus plan makes available up to five slots for five different devices with a CyberGhost client (Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android) and/or with a native protocol (OpenVPN, PPTP, IPSec, or L2TP) at the same time. If you want to use more or different devices than already registered, you need to remove at least one of the last registered devices on this page by clicking on the button 'Remove', right under the respective device button.
- At certain occasions retail and/or Special Editions are sold, containing support for up to three devices. Here the same rules apply as for Premium Plus - only with three devices instead of five.
If a device has been removed, clients of new devices will be detected automatically, while native protocols needs to be added manually.
Each CyberGhost subscription can be used with different native VPN protocols, such as OpenVPN, PPTP, IPSec, and L2TP. All need to be configured manually right inside the respective operating system - for which in turn you need certain data and in case of OpenVPN a configuration file. You will receive this data, along with the configuration file, here in account management under 'My devices'.
To prepare protocol configuration for a device, start with a click on the button 'Add a new device'.
The page automatically scrolls down to the area 'Select an OS you want to add'. There you decide for 'Other', the starting point for native protocol configurations. Consequently click on 'Create new credentials'. This step is necessary, because for native protocol connections you need a different pair of user data (user name and password) than your regular CyberGhost account credentials.
The system generates the new data and redirects you back to the initial screen. There you have a new entry among your registered devices, called 'Linux, Router etc.'.
Click on the new button. The page automatically extends and gives way to fine tune your native protocol connection. First type in a name for it, so you can better tell one from each other. All changes will be applied on the fly, so you don't have to save them separately.
Scroll down the page to the area 'Login credentials for xxx' and generate the login and configuration data for the wanted protocol:
- Protocol: Choose a protocol, which is supported by your device:
OpenVPN (UDP): Very secure, UDP allows higher speeds than TCP, but can result in broken downloads in some cases.
OpenVPN (TCP): Very secure, TCP allows more stable connections than UDP, but is a bit slower.
IPSec: Very secure, available for most platforms.
L2TP: Very secure, available for most platforms.
PPTP: PPTP can't be considered secure anymore and should only be used, if none of the other protocols are available
- Country: Since native protocol connections may only be used with exactly one server you now have to choose the country you want to surf from; the server to be used in this country will be chosen by CyberGhost automatically. (If you want or need different PPTP, L2TP or OpenVPN connections in different countries, repeat all steps for every country.)
- Server group: Depending on the chosen country as well as the availability of different server types as an attribute of your current plan you can also define a server group to use:
Standard Server: This is the group of all paid service servers (Special Edition, Premium, Premium Plus).
Premium Server: This is the smaller group of all exclusive servers for Premium subscribers (Premium, Premium Plus).
NoSpy Server: This is the group of all exclusive NoSpy servers for Premium subscribers with special extensions.
Not always does a single platform support all possible VPN protocols out of the box and you might need to add third party software.
After setting up your connection wishes please note down the following data sets. You will need them to configure your device:
- Server: This is the address of the country (server) you want to be connected with. Note: This address changes with every country you have chosen in the step before.
- User name: A solely for protocol usage generated user name. This is NOT your regular CyberGhost account user name.
- Password: A solely for protocol usage generated password. This is NOT your regular CyberGhost account password.
- (Pre shared secret: IPSec and L2TP connections need this additional key, all other protocols get along fine without it.)
Depending on the combination of the data you entered some more buttons might appear:
- Download Configuration: For OpenVPN connections (only!) you need to download a zipped configuration file, which must be copied to your OpenVPN configuration folder and - depending on the respective OS - might need to be unpacked.
- Manually Setup: Leads you to an instruction on how to configure your device:
CyberGhost offers different kinds of support, depending on the service chosen:
- General Support (Free Service): Available for all users is a sufficient FAQ collection (this one here) as well as a guided troubleshooter, which can be activated in the upper left of this page. In the account management two respective buttons will lead you to the relating support offer.
- Premium Support: Available for CyberGhost subscribers only is the ticket system of our technical support department. For creating a ticket just click on the appropriate button in your account management.