How can I recover my account if I forgot or lost my credentials?
In case you need to recover an account (in case you misplace your username or password), you can quickly access your account in 4 ways:
- Simply head over to https://my.cyberghostvpn.com/en_US/login and click on“Forgot your login details? Recover them.’.
- At the following screen, just enter the email address associated with your account and click 'Recover'- you'll receive an email with a link which will take you straight to your account page where you can set a new password.
- At the online account management page, click “Forgot your login details? Recover them.” and choose “Forgot your email address? Recover your account with your PUK” then enter your PUK. If you have entered the correct PUK, the website will take you straight to a new page where you can set a new password.
Once a new password has been chosen and submitted, you can then use your e-mail address OR custom username(alias) together with the new assigned password.
Now, start the CyberGhost software and login with the new information:
NOTE: If by any chance you are still logged in with another account > click the Gear icon in the top-right part of the window > Logout, then login with the correct e-mail or username(alias) and the new password.
IMPORTANT: If you assigned a custom username(alias) instead of your e-mail address, logging in the account (both website and CyberGhost program) will be done based on the custom username(alias).
- If you have lost your PUK as well, you still have the following option to recover your account:
- Access the online account management page and choose “Forgot your login details? Recover them” where you will need to choose: “Forgot your email address? Recover your account with your PUK” and simply choose: “Forgot your PUK? Recover your account with Cleverbridge.” where you will be asked to enter: Your Cleverbridge reference number which was delivered to you via e-mail as a purchase confirmation.
- If you got an activation key, e. g. from a promotion, an offline purchase, or a Bitcoin purchase, please create a support ticket HERE and make sure you include the activation key and/or the receipt of the purchase.
NOTE: If the lost account is a FREE account but not associated with any purchase, please simply create a new account HERE.