[1. How to cancel CyberGhost subscriptions]
[2. Subscription reactivation]
[3. Cancel iOS Subscriptions or Trial]
[4. Cancel Google Play Subscription or Trial]
[5. Cancel Prepaid Promotions]
[6. Delete account]
- Open your account management, click "My Subscriptions" > click on the button to the right of the page, called “Turn auto-renewal off”:
That's it. Your subscription will be terminated at the next possible date and a confirmation email sent to you without the subscription being renewed after it expires.
Please note, that a cancellation doesn't result in any refunds as it is a separate event which is only triggered by the Support Department based on your request(via e-mail at: email@example.com or via Live! Chat sessions).
If you change your mind and want to resume your subscription, you can do so by following the same steps as above to view your current subscription, then just click "Turn Auto-renewal ON”.
You can find your Apple subscription management inside your account settings of your Apple device, which can be accessed via the iTunes account / Apple ID. There you can cancel any subscription and trial subscriptions.
- Open the Settings icon on your iOS device (iPhone or iPad)
- After the Settings menu is opened tap on your iTunes account or name showing at the top
- Choose iTunes & App Store
- Tap the Apple ID:
- View Apple ID and Sign In with your iTunes password
- Scroll down to Subscriptions
- Tap CyberGhost VPN
- Tap Cancel Subscription (you will receive a pop-up message to confirm that you wish to cancel the subscription).
*In case you cancel the trial before the 7 days are up, the trial will remain valid for the entire 7 days. After the 7 days are up, the CyberGhost app will pop-up a message requesting a Subscription, without you being charged for one automatically.
When you purchase through Google, your CyberGhost subscription is linked to your Google account. You can cancel your subscription by following the next steps:
Note: As far as canceling your subscription, as it is purchased through Google, you can cancel at any time from your device as seen here:
- Launch the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- Tap Menu -> My Apps -> Subscriptions
- Tap on the app of the subscription you'd like to cancel
- Press Cancel Subscription / Trial in the pop-up message that will display
Prepaid accounts do not require any termination and end automatically upon expiry of their validity term.
A Prepaid Pay Scale can be purchased with Bitcoins or (in certain countries) in cash by buying the CyberGhost box. A promotion key is usually seen as a prepaid key and doesn't require any termination and when the promotion key reaches the last day of runtime, premium access will no longer be granted as your account will “move” to a “free” account and an upgrade will be needed.
If you also want to delete your account for good, please click “My Settings” and at the end of the page you will find a link to delete this account.
Possible remaining days of your subscription will get lost and just as pausing the subscription, deleting the account will not result in a refund.
Click on 'Delete my account'.
An account deletion can't be undone. It's final, meaning it's impossible to recreate it, neither by the PUK for this account nor by an activation key.
If you would also like to receive a refund, please see our refund guide.