1. Open your account management, click "My Subscriptions" > click on the Active subscription
2. Now simply click on the "Deactivate automatic renewal" option to the right
That's it. Your subscription will be terminated at the next possible date and a confirmation email sent to you.
Please note, that a cancellation doesn't result in any refunds.
If you later on change your mind and want to resume your subscription, you can do so by following the same steps as above to view your current subscription, then just click "Activate automatic renewal" and confirm.
If you also want to delete your account for good, please click My Account and at the end of the page you will find a link to terminate this account.
Possible remaining days of your subscription will get lost, a refund for not used days can not be given.
Click on 'Delete Account'.
An account termination can't be made undone. It's final, meaning it's impossible to recreate it, neither by the PUK for this account nor by an activation key nor by our support.
If you would also like to receive a refund, please see our refund guide.
Prepaid accounts do not require any termination and end automatically upon expiry of their validity term.
A Prepaid Pay Scale can be purchased with Bitcoins or (in certain countries) in cash by buying the CyberGhost box. To continue your run time you need to purchase a new prepaid package or a regular subscription.
How to cancel promotions:
A promotion key is usually to be seen as a prepaid and doesn't require any termination, except it had been bound to a paid one from the beginning.
How to cancel an IOS subscription:
You can find your Apple subscription management inside your account settings for your Apple ID, which can be accessed for example via the App Store. There you can cancel any subscription and trial subscriptions.
- Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and tap on your user icon (upper right).
- In your account management tap again on your user name/icon.
- Scroll down the page to find the entry 'Subscriptions' and tap on it.
- The next window displays all running and canceled subscriptions made by you.
- Tap on the CyberGhost entry to open the details page.
- Cancel your subscription.
How to cancel an Android subscription:
When you purchase through Google, your CyberGhost subscription is linked to your Google account. You can cancel your subscription by following the next steps:
Note: As far as canceling your subscription, as it is purchased through Google, you can cancel at any time from your device as seen here:
- Launch the Google Play Store app.
- Tap Menu -> My Apps -> Subscriptions and tap on the app of the subscription you'd like to cancel.