Prepaid and promotion keys (e. g. through a campaign, special sale, a promotion, or a Bitcoin or offline sale) have to be entered manually to your CyberGhost account.
Pre paid activation keys are just available in cases described above. Regular CyberGhost subscriptions are activated automatically when purchasing.
In case you don't have a CyberGhost account yet, please create one manually. Find out here how to do that.
Enter activation key
To enter an activation key, first open the CyberGhost account management, either directly or via the CyberGhost Windows client.
Log in your CyberGhost account and activate the tab 'My Account'. Tap on 'I already have an activation key', located in the first line of the area 'Overview'.
Enter the key. Please, note the following pre-conditions:
- Note validity: The activation code must not have been used before (a single activation key is only valid once)
- Note time frame: The activation code must not be expired. Note that some promotion campaigns include an expiration date, this means you have to activate the code before a given date, otherwise the key expires.
- No downgrades: No subscription of a higher value can be replaced by a subscription of a lower value. A downgrade is not possible!
- No mixture of subscriptions: A prepaid activation key must not be entered in an account with a regular recurrent CyberGhost subscription. If you want to force it, you must cancel your old subscription before. Note: The remaining run time of the old subscription will be lost.
- Promotions: Promotion subscriptions usually can't be extended by a prepaid activation key. Instead they will replace an existing subscription of that type and remaining run time will be lost.
For subscription activation please click on, well, 'Activate'. The respective subscription will be activated immediately on the recent account.
After entering the key please note respective messages about the remaining run time of your old subscription. Depending on the difference between the types of subscriptions (your old and your new one) it might be that you get an extended run time or loose remaining days. If the latter is the case cancel the activation for now and wait until your current subscription runs out - but please be aware of possible time frames of activations a subscription might come with. Promotions for example can only be activated until a certain date.