To set back the client settings to default you need to delete the Registry key called
where '[location]' refers to the path of the Windows account you use the client with.
|Caution: Working on the registry can be a risk, if you don't know how to handle it. A single key deleted by accident can stop your system from booting or leave it unstable. Never work on your registry without making a backup before!|
To do this, proceed as follows:
- Open 'regedit' as administrator:
- Windows 8/10: Open a command line (as administrator) and type in 'regedit'
- Windows 7: Clicking on your start menu, type 'regedit.exe' in the search field and right click on the found entry. From the context menu you choose 'Run as administrator'.
- Search for the key mentioned above (HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-[location]\Software\CyberGhost)
- Delete this key - but only this one
Now you need to enter your account data again, set up the client (if done before) and re-organize your server filter (if done before).