To get CyberGhost VPN up and running is extremely easy and just needs a few mouse clicks here and there, but first make sure you run a Windows 7, 8, or 10 PC* along with .NET Framework installed.
Minimum hardware requirements are:
- 1 GHz PC 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 2 Gigabyte RAM (depending on your running Windows operating system)
- 200 Megabyte free hard drive space (180 MB less, if Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1 is already installed)
- CD-, DVD- or Blu-ray-Drive (optional for boxed version)
- 1024 x 600 pixel screen resolution, High Color or True Color
- Mouse, trackball or similar
- Correctly installed and pre-configured Internet connection
Then proceed as follows:
- Save your data and close all open programs, which are not necessary for system protection.
- Start the Setup Wizard by double clicking on the downloaded file
- Follow the instructions that appear after launching the Setup Wizard. It will take you through all necessary steps.
CyberGhost provides you a full VPN experience for 1 day, including all available features such as an ad blocker, a malware blocker, manual server selection and access to many online streaming services (such as Netflix and BBC).
Once you've installed and started CyberGhost, you will be prompted to create a Trial account, as follows:
1. Click the "Start your free trial" button
2. Enter a valid email address and choose a password for your trial account and click "Create account"
NOTE: You need to use a valid email address, as confirmation IS required in order to start your Free Trial.
3. Leaving the app Open, check your inbox and simply click "Activate Trial"
NOTE: Make sure you also check your Spam folder, as the automated email may have been incorrectly flagged as spam.
4. Switch back to the app and click "Return to login" (at the 'Confirmation Required' screen shown in step 2) and re-enter your chosen credentials, click OK.
5. A popup will remind you about the remaining runtime each time you start the client, simply click on 'Continue with remaining trial' to start the CyberGhost client.
You're all set and will now be able to use CyberGhost with unrestricted access to ALL servers and features for 1 Day.
Each profile activates a pre-configured set of optimized front end (client) and back end (service) settings for a respective web scenario. For example: You want to access a blocked YouTube video and therefore click the respective sub-profile in the 'Unlimited Streaming' profile. In the background CyberGhost automatically connects to the best suited server and pre-loads the most fitting additional features, in this case a server in the USA with the best performance available. Other features might include a malware blocker, an ad blocker, data compression, and more.
--> More details about the CyberGhost profiles can be found here.
Once the trial expires you have the option to buy a subscription. For the latter just click on either 'Activate your account now' in the pop-up window or 'Not a CyberGhost user yet' in the log-in screen of the client.
After purchasing, you receive a user name and a password. Please Login and click on 'OK'. Welcome!
--> More details about the purchase process can be found here.
*Since Windows XP (32 and 64-bit) is not supported any longer by Microsoft and will not be updated any more against security leaks, CyberGhost will end its support as well and end all compatibility efforts beginning immediately. Users are asked to update to a modern Windows platform.
Please also note that Microsoft stops delivering security updates for Windows Vista, beginning April 11th, 2017. From that day on CyberGhost also stops supporting Windows Vista, for it must be considered then as insecure as well.