To get CyberGhost VPN up and running is extremely easy and just needs a few mouse clicks here and there, but first make sure you run a Windows 7, 8, or 10 PC* along with an installed .NET and call the minimum hardware your own, such as:
- 1 GHz PC 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 2 Gigabyte RAM (depending on your running Windows operating system)
- 200 Megabyte free hard drive space (180 MB less, if Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1 is already installed)
- CD-, DVD- or Blu-ray-Drive (optional for boxed version)
- 1024 x 600 pixel screen resolution, High Color or True Color
- Mouse, trackball or similar
- Correctly installed and pre-configured Internet connection
Then proceed as follows:
- Save your data and close all open programs, which are not necessary for system protection.
- Start the Setup Wizard by double clicking on the downloaded file
- Follow the instructions that appear after launching the Setup Wizard. It will take you through all necessary steps.
7 days trial
CyberGhost provides you a full VPN experience for 7 days, including all available features such as an ad and a malware blocker, a manual server selection and access to many online streaming services. A popup will remind you about the remaining runtime each time you start the client.
Click on 'Continue FREE trial' to start the CyberGhost client, which will offer you different profiles, to be started with single mouse clicks:
Each profile activates a pre-configured set of optimized front end (client) and back end (service) settings for a respective web scenario. For example: You want to access a blocked YouTube video and therefore click the respective sub-profile in the 'Unlimited Streaming' profile. In the background CyberGhost automatically connects to the best suited server and pre-loads the most fitting additional features, in this case a server in the USA with the best performance available. Other features might include a malware blocker, an ad blocker, data compression, and more.
--> More details about the CyberGhost profiles can be found here.
Once the trial expires you have the option to buy a subscription. For the latter just click on either 'Activate your account now' in the pop-up window or 'Not a CyberGhost user yet' in the log-in screen of the client.
After purchase you receive a user name and a password. Please enter both in the log-in screen and click on 'OK'. Welcome!
--> More details about the purchase process can be found here.
*Since Windows XP (32 and 64-bit) is not supported any longer by Microsoft and will not be updated any more against security leaks, CyberGhost will end its support as well and end all compatibility efforts beginning immediately. Users are asked to update to a modern Windows platform.
Please also note that Microsoft stops delivering security updates for Windows Vista, beginning April 11th, 2017. From that day on CyberGhost also stops supporting Windows Vista, for it must be considered then as insecure as well.