CyberGhost's pre-protection additions, such as an ad, a malware and a tracking blocker as well as data compression for mobile traffic and a forced end to end encryption, are server-based features and run directly on the respective chosen server:
- Block malicious websites: Blocks malicious content and harmful websites
- Block ads: Removes ads from web pages and apps
- Block online tracking: Removes website content that might be used to track your browsing behavior
- Data compression: Compresses images and web content thus saving mobile data usage costs
- Automated HTTPS redirect: Automatically forces the use of HTTPS for websites, if available
- Extra speed: Access to our fastest servers (always on for subscribers)
Additional features are not available for:
- Subscribers of Special Edition packages
- Subscribers of promotion packages (such as free subscriptions from magazines or other promotions)
Please note that ALL extra features are server-based and therefore only work when you are connected to a CyberGhost server. The client itself doesn't provide any of these features, it solely works as a remote control.
To activate or de-activate a pre-protection feature inside the Mac OS client, click in the main program window on the respective right handed switch. Does the switch change its color to yellow, the respective feature is activated und will be processed as soon as a VPN connection is established.