CyberGhost's pre-protection additions, such as an ad, a malware and a tracking blocker as well as data compression for mobile traffic and a forced end to end encryption, are server-based Premium features, only available for subscribers. All functions are run directly on the respective chosen server:
- Block malicious websites: Blocks malicious content and harmful websites
- Block ads: Removes ads from web pages and apps
- Block online tracking: Removes website content that might be used to track your browsing behavior
- Data compression: Compresses images and web content thus saving mobile data usage costs
- Automated HTTPS redirect: Automatically forces the use of HTTPS for websites, if available
- Extra speed: Access to our fastest servers (always on for subscribers)
To get access to the extra features of CyberGhost you need to have one of the following subscriptions:
Furthermore you need to be logged in to your account.
Additional features are not available for:
Please note that ALL extra features are server-based and therefore only work when you are connected to a CyberGhost server. The client itself doesn't provide any of these features, it solely works as a remote control.
To activate or de-activate a pre-protection feature inside the iOS client, first wipe from left to right (or vice versa) until the wanted profile appears and then tap on the button 'Settings'. Now tap on the right handed switch of the feature wanted. Does the switch change its color to yellow, the respective feature is activated und will be processed as soon as a VPN connection is established.
Please note that each VPN profile addresses a different target operation and not all possible pre-protection features would make sense to use in a specific setting - and therefore not all features would be available in every profile.