CyberGhost has a 45 days, no questions asked, refund policy for our 6 months or greater subscriptions. This ensures that no mistake purchases are made and aims to help with situations like customers not being able to use our services (for example when your ISP is blocking VPN connections).
NOTE: Monthly subscriptions have a 14 days money-back guarantee.
If you are an existing CyberGhost user, please open the side menu, tap on 'Use different account' and log-in with your account credentials. Please make sure the account, you want to log in to, has a valid running subscription and the maximum number of allowed devices is not reached yet. If the latter is the case, please visit your account management first and remove an existing device
To purchase a subscription an anonymous CyberGhost account is mandatory. So, please, either log-in with an existing account or let CyberGhost create automatically a new one while purchasing.
If the button 'Upgrade' is missing, the recent account is already equipped with a CyberGhost subscription. If you need or want to buy another subscription, an extension or an upgrade, please use the account management.
Your order takes place online, where you first decide for the payment interval (e. g. monthly or yearly).
In order to use a CyberGhost subscription you need an anonymous CyberGhost account. Depending on whether or not you already have one, the next steps are slightly different:
- Existing customer: In order to renew, upgrade or extend your CyberGhost subscription please login to your account first. Once done you will see your account data and the remaining runtime of your current CyberGhost subscription (if existing). After purchase the new subscription will be added as additional time on top of any remaining days.
- New customer: If you are new to CyberGhost or want a new account, please enter a valid email address, needed for payment confirmation, invoice and account data delivery.
Now decide for a payment method:
Now you can enter your payment details. Payment will be processed by a third party service to avoid privacy breaches based on common data bases. Click on 'Continue'.
All personal data such as credit card number, PayPal account, names, etc. will stay private with the payment provider and never be submitted to third parties, not even CyberGhost itself.
On the next page check your details and acknowledge that you buy a subscription with recurring payment cycles. Click on 'Buy now'.
Special conditions (e. g. half the price) are only valid for the first payment, while the next payment will reflect the regular subscription price.
After the payment process ended successfully you will receive a confirmation and your credentials to use your subscription with CyberGhost:
- User name: Your temporary user name to login to the client and your online account management.
- Password: Your temporary password to login to the client and your online account management.
- Reference number: Your cleverbridge purchase number. Please always submit this number, if you have questions regarding your purchase such as asking for a refund or an account recovery.
- Recovery token: This token can be used to quickly recover the account after the loss of your temporary credentials.
It is recommended to save the data in a file on your computer by clicking on 'Save the login data on my computer'. Just to make sure the same data will also be sent to you as a backup copy in an email to the address provided.
How to use your subscription
After purchase the system immediately activates the subscription on your account. New users should now click on the button 'Move to my account' at the bottom of the screen to change their interim user name and password in their account management.
You will now receive a PUK for account recovery reasons and the possibility to print or store your new credentials, including the PUK. Please do so, because CyberGhost does not store your account credentials.
A subscription CAN NOT be used with different accounts. It is bound to the account originally used for purchasing.
Start the CyberGhost client for Mac OS, open the side menu, click on 'Use different account' and enter your credentials.