CyberGhost owns an extensive server pool throughout many countries in West and East Europe, the USA, South America, Asia and Australia. A user may log in per default automatically on a server in one of the available countries, but can also choose his or her favorite location manually by defining a country to connect to.
To manually choose a server first tap on the button 'Surf Anonymously' in the start menu or wipe from left to right (or vice versa), until the profile appears.
Tap on the button 'Options', then on 'Country' and choose the country to surf from. The single server to be used will be determined by CyberGhost automatically. This choice is based on an internal load balancing and considers speed as well as additional anonymity levels.
Additionally you can activate (or deactivate) the following extra features:
- Remove Advertising: Server side based ad filtering.
- Block Tracking: Blocks content that tracks your online activity.
- Virus Protection: A proactive, dynamic detection technology. It monitors processes’ behavior in real-time, as they are running, and tags suspicious activities.
For your information: The following functions can't be changed due to security reasons:
- Encryption: All connections will be secured by 256-bit AES, which can't be intruded from the outside.
- Hidden IP: Your original IP address will be replaced by an IP address from the CyberGhost network, so your identity can't be tracked down. At the same time the very same IP address will be shared with all other users on the respective server, thus extending your anonymity.
- No logs: CyberGhost is committed to its NO LOGS policy requiring the minimum user data to run the service.
- KillSwitch: The automatic Internet KillSwitch blocks all connections as soon as it detects an unexpected connection loss to the CyberGhost network.
- LeakProtection: CyberGhost protects against IPv6, Port Forwarding and DNS leaks.
|All functions are processed directly on the CyberGhost servers, before any data even get transmitted to your device, and therefor don't need any of its resources. To the contrary your device's battery will profit, since ad types such as videos and pictures don't have to be processed and displayed.|
Once the profile is enabled, the interface will inform users about the successful protection and a counter will track the:
- Number of Ads blocked
- Number of malicious content blocked
- Number of tracking attempts blocked
The statistics with blocked ads, blocked malicious content and tracking attempts are displayed and updated with any new connection.