CyberGhost VPN allows you to surf the Internet freely as if in disguise, regardless of the type of application you use and from where you log in. It gives you the possibility to move around the Internet unrecognized by third parties, to visit forums and exchange information and files with other Internet users as well as to chat and receive emails without the feeling of being watched. It's a tool to protect your identity, which otherwise would be left exposed to the ever-rising demands of business and politics. In a nutshell, CyberGhost VPN lets you leave your best impression on the Internet, which is precisely none.
How does CyberGhost VPN work?
As a first step, CyberGhost VPN creates a Virtual Private Network (VPN) for you, operating on a strong encryption, which keeps your data secured when communicating with the CyberGhost VPN network. Once connected to a CyberGhost VPN server, you will furthermore receive a new IP address, which - unlike the one you are assigned to by your provider(ISP) – in no way can it be used to identify you, respectively your Internet connection.
Surfing without CyberGhost VPN
After your usual log-in to the Internet, you are assigned an IP address from your provider(ISP), which will never leave you not even for a second, accompanying you like a license plate and easily identifying you to anybody who'd like to have a look on you.
All your activities, your surfing habits, your shopping interests and whatever else you do in your time on Planet Internet are traceable, can be monitored and recorded and to make matters worse, can be easily assigned / linked to you - or at least to the owner of the respective Internet connection used.
Surfing with CyberGhost VPN
With CyberGhost VPN you will be encrypted directly from your PC and tunneled through the CyberGhost VPN network. Not even your provider can tell what's going on inside this tunnel. Once you have established a connection with the CyberGhost VPN net you can choose from different servers, the one which will be your ramp to the Internet. At the same time, the IP address you had been assigned to before by your Internet Service Provider(ISP), will be switched with a CyberGhost VPN address(CyberGhost IP). From that moment on, you have a different identity, an identity you share with all other users currently using the respective server. To any third party outside you are a CyberGhost and your original IP will be hidden.
You don’t even have to worry about your provider (who can't see through the encryption) nor any data sniffers, who are after your IP identity. Furthermore, it's irrelevant which Internet program you use (be it a browser, a chat application or a downloader) or from where you log-in. CyberGhost VPN works on cable networks as well as with WLANs, UMTS, ISDN or modems.
- CyberGhost VPN tunnels you safely and strongly encrypted directly from your PC into its virtual private network (VPN)and releases you anonymized to the open Internet. Its encryption is based on SSL, works with 256 bit and is generated on your PC, so no third party can intercept the keys.
- CyberGhost VPN allows the usage of nearly all Internet programs, regardless of its purposes and keeps your IP address reliable hidden while you surf, download or stream. *Only exception is the sending of emails to keep spammers out of the service.
- CyberGhost VPN protects you in public WLANs and Hotspotsand prevents hackers and data sniffers from spying into your transmissions.
- CyberGhost VPN has a highly proficient server pool, constantly being improved and expanded.
- Free choice of servers.
- Depending on the respective server uplink the speed can reach the speed of a user's usual Internet connection.
- CyberGhost VPN comes with easy going clients for Windows, Mac OS, Android and Android TV, iOS, Linux, Routers and Amazon FireStick and FireTV and additionally supports OpenVPN, L2TP, IPSec and PPTPon Mac OS X, iOS, Windows, Linux and Android.
- CyberGhost VPN supports all sorts of Internet connections, e.g. WLAN, Internet coffee shop, UMTS, DSL, ISDN, modem.
- Integrated Firewallas an expanded security feature.
- KillSwitch: Instant blocking of all Internet traffic after unsuspected disconnection from the VPN.
- Streaming and Torrent-optimized Servers: CyberGhost clients on all platforms offer servers optimized for downloading Torrents and Streaming region-locked content from websites such as BBC and Netflix.
- Unique Pre Protection Featuresto extend online security and privacy:
- Ad Blocker: Removes ads from web pages and apps
- Virus & Website protection: Blocks malicious content and harmful websites
- Data compression: Compresses images and other web content thus saving mobile data usage costs
- Prevent online tracking: Removes web page content that might be used to track your browsing behavior
- Force HTTPS: Automatically forces the usage of HTTPS protocol for websites (if supported)