CyberGhost grants a 30 days money back guarantee for all monthly and yearly subscriptions in case you are not satisfied.
You can order CyberGhost directly from the CyberGhost homepage, from a newsletter, an affiliate or through various special promotions. Either way the order process takes place online, where you first decide for the payment interval (e. g. monthly or yearly).
Scroll down the page to step 2/3.
In order to use a CyberGhost subscription you need an anonymous CyberGhost account. Depending on whether or not you already have one, the next steps are slightly different:
- Existing customer: In order to renew, upgrade or extend your CyberGhost subscription please login to your online account management first. Once done you will see your account data and the remaining runtime of your current CyberGhost subscription (if existing). After purchase the new subscription will be added as additional time on top of any remaining days.
- New customer: If you are new to CyberGhost or want a new account, please enter a valid email address, needed for payment confirmation, invoice and account data delivery.
Now decide for a payment method, click on 'Continue to payment' and enter your payment details. Payments will be processed by a third party service to avoid privacy breaches based on common data bases. Click on 'Continue'.
All personal data such as credit card number, PayPal account, names, etc. will stay private with the payment provider and never be submitted to third parties, not even CyberGhost itself.
On the next page check your details and acknowledge that you buy a subscription with recurring payment cycles. Click on 'Buy now'.
Special conditions (e. g. half the price) are only valid for the first payment, while the next payments will reflect the regular subscription price.
After the payment process ended successfully you will receive a confirmation and your credentials to use your subscription with CyberGhost:
- User name: Your temporrary user name to login to the client and your online account management.
- Password: Your temporrary password to login to the client and your online account management.
- Reference number: Your cleverbridge purchase number. Please always submit this number, if you have questions regarding your purchase such as asking for a refund or an account recovery.
- Recovery token: This token can be used to quickly recover the account after the loss of your temporary credentials.
It is recommended to save the data in a file on your computer by clicking on 'Save the login data on my computer'. Just to make sure the same data will also be sent to you as a backup copy in an email to the address provided.
How to use your subscription
After purchase the system immediately activates the subscription on your account. New users should now click on the button 'Move to my account' at the bottom of the screen to change their interim user name and password in their account management.
When accessing the account management page the account setup wizard identifies the interim account as such and helps you to create individual login data.
Enter a new user name and a new password (twice), and click on 'Finish'. You will now receive a PUK for account recovery reasons and the possibility to print or store your new credentials, including the PUK. Please do so, because CyberGhost does not store your account credentials.
A subscription CAN NOT be used with different accounts. It is bound to the account originally used for purchasing.
To use your CyberGhost subscription with a native protocol such as OpenVPN or L2TP it is mandatory to first visit your online account management, manually add a new device and create another new pair of login data, solely meant for native protocols.
Once done you can start configure your connection details as described in the various instruction manuals for VPN connections on different platforms in this section.
Whether or not your operating system is already equipped with a CyberGhost client, you need to register a new device for native protocol usage. So, in case you are running a Windows client and additionally configured a native protocol connection, you need two slots. However, once you registered your platform for native prtocol usage you can configure as many different connections and protocols as you want.