Directly after a new installation CyberGhost 7 for macOS starts with the Log-in screen:
Whether or not you are an existing CyberGhost user, please continue as follows:
If you are new to CyberGhost, the app offers you a cost free trial, including all features and the full functionality of the infrastructure, no limitations set.
To start the trial, please tap on 'Sign up' and register for a new account. An account is necessary to use the CyberGhost service and can be created anonymously.
Enter a valid email address, type in a password twice and accept the CyberGhost privacy policies and terms and conditions.
Please note that you need to confirm the email address given to receive the full trial time.
After confirming the link in the email sent to you, the CyberGhost app welcomes you and activates all features for a limited time. To begin click on 'Start your trial'. CyberGhost will switch instantly to the main screen, where you can power up your first VPN connection (see 'How to use CyberGhost VPN for macOS').
At this time we recommend to also make yourself familiar with your online account management. There you will find details about your subscription, your credentials, and, among others, the number of registered devices. More on account management can be found here.
In case you already have a regular CyberGhost multi platform subscription please enter your credentials (user name and password) and click on 'Log in'.
Possible log-in problems:
- Lost your pasword? Please click on 'I forgot my password' to open a recovery webpage in your default browser:
- Enter the fallback email address you left in your CyberGhost account management.
- In case you don't have that address anymore, you can also use the PUK you got, when creating your CyberGhost account, or the cleverbridge reference number of your purchase. For that click on 'I want to recover with PUK or reference number'.
- Enter the data.
- If you also forgot or lost your PUK number, please click on 'I have lost my PUK'. Enter the email address you used to purchase AND your cleverbridge reference number. Tap on 'Send' and a recovery mail will be sent to the address entered. Check your mails and use the provided link to reset your account. In case you lost your reference number, you can ask cleverbridge to search it for you. A contact link is provided on the recovery page.
- If you haven't bought your subscription via cleverbridge, please click on 'I haven't purchased with cleverbridge' and create a ticket for the CyberGhost support. The team will come back to you on your matter.
- Activated too many devices? A log-in failure might also be the result of already having activated the maximum amount of allowed devices. Please visit your account management and check on the current status of registered devices. Regular CyberGhost subscriptions are good for up to seven devices, regardless of the respective operating system, but if all slots are occupied, at least one old device has to be removed, before you can successfully log-in with another device.
- You don't have any CyberGhost credentials? If you bought a CyberGhost subscription for mobile devices via Google's Play Store or Apple's App Store and don't have gotten any credentials, it's because subscription for mobile devices are limited to both, the resp. platform (iOS or Android) and the account used when purchasing (Apple ID or Google account), and can't be used on on Windows, Linux, or macOS. For these desktop computers you need a regular CyberGhost subscription.