A single finger tap on the gear symbol opens the settings menu with different options, among them the area 'Connection features':
- Connection Checker : It will help you determine whether or not you have a properly working internet connection and are ready for a VPN. By simply tapping on, the tool will analyze the reachability of your device as well as the Internet connection and the passage to the CyberGhost network.
- Use Domain Fronting : The 'Domain Fronting' feature is needed, if the domains *.cyberghostvpn.com or the corresponding IP addresses are blocked (meaning: our API is not reachable; e.g. because of censorship).
- Ad-Blocker: Improves your Internet experience by filtering annoying ads. Web pages can be loaded faster and read better. Furthermore your online security profits a lot, since malware often also got distributed by ad networks. On mobile data connections, this feature can help saving money (fewer data to transfer) and battery (fewer data to process).
- Prevent against malicious websites : Extends your Internet security by detection and blockage of potentially dangerous websites. A deactivation can raise surfing speeds.
- Data compression: Compresses images and web content. Inside home networks, the data compression feature is usually deactivated, for obvious reasons, but if on the road and dependent on mobile connections, one can save money on reducing the amount of data through compression.
- Prevent online tracking : Prevents monitoring, recording, and analyzing of your surfing behaviors. A deactivation can raise surfing speeds.
For any additional information or concerns - it is best to approach the Support Department:
via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
via on-line request: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
via 24/7 Live! Chat Sessions on our website