To get CyberGhost VPN up and running is extremely easy and just needs a few mouse clicks here and there, but first make sure you run a Windows 7, 8, or 10 PC* along with .NET Framework installed.
Minimum hardware requirements are:
- 1 GHz PC 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 2 Gigabyte RAM (depending on your running Windows operating system)
- 310 Megabyte free hard drive space (280 MB less, if Microsoft .NET 4.6 is already installed)
- CD-, DVD- or Blu-ray-Drive (optional for boxed version)
- 1024 x 600 pixel screen resolution, High Color or True Color
- Mouse, trackball or similar
- Correctly installed and pre-configured Internet connection
The app will be automatically downloaded > all you need to do is Run the installer (by double clicking on the downloaded file)
Once the installation is complete, the app will automatically be opened and you can proceed as follows:
[A] - If you have a Premium subscription:
The steps taken above are also described in detail below:
1. If you're presented with a registration screen, click the "Return to login" option
2. Once at the Login screen > nter your Premium username and password > click Login
[B] - If you do not have a Premium subscription and wish to use the 1 day trial:
2. You'll be sent an email asking you to confirm > check your Inbox for the email from CyberGhost > click the confirmation link and go back to the CyberGhost app
3. Back in the app > click return to login and enter your newly created trial username and password!
*Since Windows XP (32 and 64-bit) is not supported any longer by Microsoft and will not be updated any more against security leaks, CyberGhost ended its support as well. Users are asked to update to a modern Windows platform.
Please also note that Microsoft stops delivering security updates for Windows Vista, beginning April 11th, 2017. From that day on CyberGhost also stopped supporting Windows Vista, for it must be considered insecure.