Using 'Favorites' is pretty much the equivalent of using short-cuts, which they literally are, since any favorite will establish its inherent connection with a simple mouse click. You will find them in two locations inside your CyberGhost client, in the control screen by clicking on the connection type or in the main window under, well, 'Favorites'.
However, to use favorites you first need to define them - which is pretty straight forward.
How to add a favorite
Start the CyberGhost VPN client by clicking on its desktop symbol or start menu entry and then click on the yellow side lap to open the extended program view with all different server lists and settings.
Since you can mark any kind of connection as a favorite it doesn't matter which filter list is actually displayed. In this aspect they all provide the same functionality, be it a single country, a single server, a download profile, or a streaming combination. Just decide for an entry and click in the same entry on the star symbol. That's it.
Fast connection list of favorites
If you click in the control screen on the connection type line (below 'Connect to') you can easily switch between your favorite connections.
Once opened you find all your favorites, separated in three sections (depending on what type of servers you've added to your favorites list):
- All servers: Here you find all countries and single servers marked as favorite. Single servers are shown with their full name, so you can tell them from countries.
- For downloading: Here you find all favorites for downloading purposes.
- For streaming: Here you find all favorites for streaming purposes.
The first and last entry are short-cuts for basic functions:
- Best server location: If you use the 'Best Location' option, the country as well as the single server to be used will be chosen by CyberGhost based on an internal load balancing system, which takes the best possible performance as well as the best protection level into account. This connection type will override any other type specified at the moment and decide for a country and single server soley independent.
- More servers: Open the main window with all server lists and settings pages.
Main list of favorites
In the main window you will also find your favorites so far specified. The separation is done the same way as in the fast connection list.
Q: How do I remove a Favorite?
A: To remove a favorite simply click again on the yellow star, either in any server/country list or directly in your favorite list.