As part of the troubleshooting process with our customer support team, you may be asked to attach a screenshot of what a specific application or website looks like on your device to help with the diagnosis of the problem.
The Snipping Tool can be used to take a screenshot and save it as an image file instead of pasting the screenshot into another program.
1. Open and use the Snipping Tool by selecting the Start button, and typing in 'Snipping tool'. Select it from the search results.
2. In the "Mode" drop-down menu, pick the screenshot shape you want - you can choose between full screen, rectangular or free form.
3. Press New and your screen will freeze. Then you can use the mouse to create the screenshot. The screenshot will then appear in the Cutting Tool window.
4. Use the Save button at the top of the window to save the screenshot to an image file. For easy use, you can save it to your Desktop.
5. While you are chatting with our customer service via live chat, you can click on the "Send a file" icon at the bottom of the chat. This will open a window where you can navigate to the folder where you saved the screenshot (i.e. your desktop).
Doing so will open a window in which you can navigate to the folder where you saved the screenshot (i.e. your desktop), and you can select it. You can also drag and drop the screenshot file from your desktop into the chat window. In the case where you contact us by e-mail, you can attach the screenshot file as an attachment to the e-mail.