As you probably might know an IP address is written in blocks of numbers, e.g. 191.262.168.125.
This is how computers communicate. Unfortunately, humans don't, because they prefer another language and like to write "real addresses", for example "www.cyberghostvpn.com" instead of a few bullying numbers. The disadvantage is that computers don't understand what is meant by this. They need numbers to connect you to the target site you want.
This is what a DNS (Domain Name Server) does. It translates name addresses into numbers. You type "www.cyberghostvpn.com", the term goes to the DNS, the DNS changes it to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and that's it. Without DNS, you couldn't visit a website, send an email, have a chat, or do anything else online.
You can set up DNS servers manually under Windows. Here's how to do it :
1. Right-click the Wi-Fi icon (or the Network icon if you are connected through cable) in the taskbar notification area and select Network and Sharing Center.
2. Select Change adapter options.
3, Select the 'TAP-Windows adapter V9' and choose 'Change settings of this connection'.
4. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
5. Select 'Use the following DNS server addresses' and enter CyberGhost VPN DNS addresses. Save with OK.
Preferred DNS server: 10.101.0.243
Alternate DNS server: 188.8.131.52
6. Follow this procedure for your physical network adapter, which will be called Ethernet or Wi-Fi (depending on which one you are using).
For any additional information or concerns - it is best to approach the Support Department:
via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
via on-line request: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
via 24/7 Live! Chat Sessions on our website