If you're having problems with certain streaming services while using CyberGhost, please follow these troubleshooting steps :
1. Ensure your connection is not leaking any data - DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC are the most common leaks. To make sure your connection is properly configured, check to see if your status shows "Protected" on our website.
2. Try to disconnect and reconnect to the dedicated streaming profile to get a new IP Address.
3. Open the Settings menu on your Android device and head to Apps. Locate and tap on Netflix (or the respective streaming platform; eg: Amazon Prime US or BBC iPlayer):
Press on "Storage" and choose both "Clear cache" and "Clear Data"
Now, head back and choose "Uninstall" and confirm with "OK"
Proceed with restarting your Android device. Once the device has rebooted, please re-install the Netflix app. In case you no longer have it handy, here is a direct link.
After finishing with the Netflix installation, you can now start CyberGhost and connect via the Optimized server for Netflix US. If you are unsure how to do so, please follow this tutorial.
*Important: It goes without saying that to unblock Amazon Prime US, you will have to connect through the corresponding server in the CyberGhost app - Optimized for Amazon Prime US.
NOTE : Clear your browser's cache if you are streaming via the browser.
4. Finally, if you are still facing problems accessing the content, please disable the location services and the smart network switch.
How to turn off Location Services on Android
- Go to Android's Settings
- Select Location
- Switch to OFF
How to turn off Smart Network switch on Android
- Open the Settings app
- Tap Connections
- Tap Wi-Fi
- Tap the Menu icon (upper-right)
- Tap Advanced
- Tap the Switch to mobile data switch to turn off
For any other questions or concerns, please reach out to the Support Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The entire Support Team is ready to assist.