When using the 'Best Location' option, CyberGhost will establish a connection automatically to the best server it can find for your connection ( determined by several factors such as distance to server, user load, server reply speed, etc ). You can of course also choose your favorite location manually by either changing the respective country or by directly activating an individual server.
To manually choose a country switch to the main screen and simply tap on the connection description between 'Connect to' and the little downwards showing arrow:
In the next screen, you see a list of all countries CyberGhost operates servers in.
To make it easier for you to find your country of interest, simply type the respective name in the search field above the first country line. Note: If the search field is not visible, swipe downwards to reveal it.
As you can see the list can be pre-filtered:
- Countries : All available countries will be displayed.
- Streaming : Only countries with optimized streaming servers will be displayed.
- Favorites : Only countries, single servers, or single streaming servers you previously marked as 'Favorites' will be shown in this list.
To activate the country of your choice simply tap on the resp. name or flag. The single server to be used in the country of choice will be determined by CyberGhost automatically, based on an internal load balancing.
The menu allows you to :
- Add to Favorites: Tap to add the chosen country to your list of favorite countries to connect to.
- Show servers: Tap here for a complete list of servers in the country chosen. There you can also choose from any available city.
- Connect to country: Tap to connect to the chosen country right now, the single server to be used will be determined by CyberGhost automatically, based on the internal load balancing.
Once a country or single server is activated, the app switches back to the main screen, where the country or server will be shown right beneath the connection confirmation. Also, the valid new IP address (different from your original one) is going to be displayed.
Please note that, although you are anonymized, you still need to be careful with your personal data. If you participate on a social network like Facebook, or if you are logged in to real name Google account while being anonymized, or expose your real name and/or email address in a different context, you will most certainly compromise your anonymity. Also some apps have rights to access your GPS.
To disconnect from the current connection tap on the power button.
After disconnecting the VPN, the country or server you used last will replace the default connection type and stay valid for all future connections - until you choose a different country or server or switch back to 'Best Location'.
For any additional information or concerns - it is best to approach the Support Department:
via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
via on-line request: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
via 24/7 Live! Chat Sessions on our website