OpenVPN Connect application can be used as an alternative way to connect to our servers.
1. First download the CyberGhost VPN configuration files from your online account
Log in in your account > Tap on the menu on top-right of the screen > 'Download Hub' :
Scroll down and then tap the "Configure" button next to the "Other" devices entry:
Create your server configuration, as described below :
- Protocol : OpenVPN
- Country : Since native protocol connections may only be used with exactly one server you now have to choose the country you want to surf from; the server to be used in this country will be chosen by CyberGhost automatically.
- Server group : Choose the server group and the OpenVPN protocol (UDP or TCP) you want to use
OpenVPN UDP allows higher speed than the TCP version but can result in broken downloads in some cases. This is the default setting.
OpenVPN TCP allows more stable connections than the UDP version but is a bit slower. Choose this version, if you have recurrent connection issues such as sudden disconnections.
Once the desired parameters are chosen, save them with « Save Configuration » :
After the configuration is saved, you will be redirected to the "VPN" section of your web-account, from where you can see all the linked devices and existing configurations.
To view the OpenVPN credentials that were generated for you on the configuration dashboard, tap on "View", after having identified from the list the configuration you need to see.
Once done, please download the configuration file. For that click on « Download Configuration » The configurations will download as a .zip file. Extract these files to any directory.
2. Open the Google Play Store and Install the OpenVPN Connect client.
3. Once you have installed the OpenVPN Connect client, run it and select 'Import Profile' > 'FILE' section.
4. The list of folders will appear. Open the folder with the extracted files. Select to import the openvpn.ovpn file.
5. After the Profile was imported successfully, enter the Username and Password, you have to use OpenVPN credentials generated in Step 1.
6. After you add the profile, click on it to connect. You may have to accept to trust the service, if so - feel free to accept it.
After you establish a connection, the status will turn green.
At this point, you are connected successfully via OpenVPN.
For any additional information or concerns - it is best to approach the Support Department:
via e-mail: email@example.com
via online request: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
via 24/7 Live! Chat Sessions on our website