If your activation code is being rejected, please note that an activation code becomes invalid the second it has been assigned to an account (which happens when you enter the activation code).
In case you need to re-install CyberGhost later on or want to use your account with a different computer, just log in with your credentials (user name & password) and not with the now invalid activation code. Your subscription is bound to your account, not the code, and will automatically wait for you.
If a brand new activation key is being rejected, one of the following possibilities might have happened:
- The time frame in which an activation code has to be used is closed: Activation codes of promotions have to be entered in a certain time frame (which is communicated along with the respective promotion). After the window is closed, the codes become invalid.
- A technical problem arose, please contact support from inside your account management.
- You bought a used or promotional activation code from an unauthorized person, e.g. on eBay or Amazon.
If the latter applies to you, meaning, if you accidentally bought a key from an unauthorized person or shop reselling promotional CyberGhost activation codes, please note that these promotional activation codes are given away for free or as a part of a special sale (like in a computer magazine) and not meant to be resold for different reasons:
- First of all, most promotional activation codes are free one way or the other. If you paid for one it’s like having paid for a Freeware product. You have been created.
- Special sales (e.g. you have to buy a computer magazine to get the serial) and free promotional activation codes come with service limitations. Often the number of servers is limited, the speed as well, the account will be bound to your computer, and so on. If you paid for a full CyberGhost subscription and just got a promotional one, you also have been created.
- Promotional activation codes, be it for free or for a small fee, always have limited activation periods and have to be activated before a certain date. If you miss this window and try to activate the code, later on, the activation code is blocked.
For your information: Authorized resellers are:
- Apple iTunes
- S.A.D. (Retail)
Please also note, that affiliates don’t sell CyberGhost products directly, but lead you to the respective authorized seller.
If your activation code gets rejected, please contact the shop you bought this activation code from, and ask for a refund. You most certainly had been sold a promotion activation code from an unauthorized reseller.
If you have bought your activation code from an authorized reseller or think for some reason, this objection does not apply to you, please contact support via your online account management. We will then hunt down for you the origin of your activation code and clarify if there had been any other reason for rejecting it.
For any additional information or concerns - it is best to approach the Support Department:
via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
via on-line request: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
via 24/7 Live! Chat Sessions on our website