The installation of CyberGhost on your Mac is straight forward and doesn't require any additional system settings.
Watch our short demonstration video. Your CyberGhost VPN app for Mac will be up and running in just a couple of clicks !
To be able to install CyberGhost 8 and use the software you need the following minimum system requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra) or newer OS
- At least 70 Megabytes of free hard drive space
If you're unsure about whether your Mac is compatible, you can check out the official compatibility list from Apple, here
Take the following steps in order to install CyberGhost 8 on your Mac:
Access the CyberGhost login page, here
- Log in with the username and password of your paid account
- Once logged in, you need to go to the "Download Hub" section and then click the "Download" button for MacOS :
- On the next page, you will receive a pop-up asking if you wish to allow downloads on our site, select "Allow" and wait for the file to fully download
- Next, open the downloads folder and double-click on the installation file for CyberGhost
- A new window will pop-up and you will be guided through the installation process:
- During the installation you will be asked to confirm the installation of the new app, requiring you to enter your macOS Username and Password (NOTE: this is your macOS user account, not your CyberGhost credentials)
- You will be asked if you wish to delete the installer, since at this point the installation is complete, it is OK to move it to the bin.
- Once the installation is complete, you will also be asked if you wish to receive notifications from our app, select "Allow" and can now close the installation Window.
- A message will appear asking you to allow CyberGhost VPN to obtain a limited amount of anonymized data that helps us better understand how we can improve our service. Rest assured that this data does not and will never contain any personally identifiable information.
- Next, you will be asked to log-in with your paid CyberGhost account credentials (username and password)
- Then, it will be required to install a VPN profile and to allow it to add VPN configurations:
- Finally, before starting a connection to any server, it is highly important to allow keychain access so that the VPN app can have permission to encrypt the traffic on this device.
After clicking "Allow keychain access", you may be presented with a KeyChain dialogue box where you will have to enter your macOS account password ( this is NOT your CyberGhost password or your iTunes/AppStore password, it simply refers to the password for your Local macOS account, the one you use when starting the Mac. You must enter your Local macOS account password and click 'Always Allow'!
For any additional information or concerns - it is best to approach the Support Department:
via e-mail: email@example.com
via on-line request: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
via 24/7 Live! Chat Sessions on our website
Article is closed for comments.