Your CyberGhost subscription can be used with many Kodi installations, if the respective one supports at least one of the native protocols OpenVPN, PPTP, IPSec or L2TP. Please note that not all Operating Systems, a Kodi install is based on, will support all kind of VPN protocols and, if a protocol is available, not all installations will be able to establish a connection to CyberGhost properly.
- You need a CyberGhost account and a CyberGhost subscription
- Depending on your Kodi install, the base OS and the wanted protocol you might have to install third party software and/or add-ons
- You need an IPv4 Internet connection (IPv6 might not be supported by the third party software)
- Create a CyberGhost account: You can create an anonymous CyberGhost account for free online. Here you will find instructions on how to create it
- Purchase a CyberGhost subscription: A monthly or yearly subscription can be ordered directly from within your account management.
- Or activate a prepaid key: If you own an activation key, e. g. from a Bitcoin sale, please read here, how to activate a subscription manually.
How to configure PPTP for OpenELEC 5 on a Raspberry Pi
How to configure OpenVPN for OpenELEC 6 on a Raspberry Pi
How to configure OpenVPN for OpenELEC 5 & 7, resp. LibreELEC 7 & 8 on a Raspberry
How to configure the CyberGhost client or OpenVPN for Kodi on a Windows device
How to configure OpenVPN for Kodi on a Linux device