Your CyberGhost subscription can be used smoothly with different devices, if it supports the native protocol OpenVPN.
However, it strongly depends on the respective firmware and/or your device, if and, if yes, which of the named protocols are supported and if a connection can be established properly.
Preconditions are a CyberGhost account and a CyberGhost subscription.
And that's how you do it:
- Create a CyberGhost account: CyberGhost provides you with the possibility to create an account through our homepage.
- Purchase a subscription: You can order a subscription from right inside your account management; the activation will be done automatically for you. Here you learn, how to do it.
- Optional: Activate a prepaid key: In case you already have an activation key (maybe from a Bitcoin or offline sale), please refer to this article on how to activate a key manually.
- For the following devices you might find these instructions helpful:
- Router: How to Set Up OpenVPN on DD-WRT Routers
- Router: How to Set Up OpenVPN on Tomato
- Router: How to Set Up OpenVPN on TomatoUSB Merlin Build
- Raspberry Pi: How to configure a Raspberry Pi as a web proxy with OpenVPN
- Raspberry Pi: How to Set Up OpenVPN on Raspberry Pi
- Synology NAS : How to use CyberGhostVPN for Synology NAS via OpenVPN
- Sat-Receiver: How to Set Up OpenVPN Enigma2 and VU+ Solo² with CyberGhost via OpenVPN
No chance to get a VPN protocol into your device? Then read here a different approach to anonymize your communication: Which possibilities do I have on devices without direct VPN support?
Article is closed for comments.