Enjoy smooth access to IP-restricted networks with CyberGhost VPN without sacrificing any of your privacy and security.
Update of the CyberGhost App
Before starting the activation of the new dedicated IP address, you will need to update the current version of the CyberGhost that you are using, in order to complete this process.
Please refer to our guide on how to install and update your CyberGhost App.
Activate your Dedicated IP
1. Now, once the new version of CyberGhost has been installed, we can continue with the process as follows :
- Return to your CyberGhost account.
- Go to 'My VPN' and select the 'Dedicated IP' tab.
2. Acknowledge that once you redeem it, your Dedicated IP token will only be available one time. Once you redeem it, this section will be gone for good.
3. Select the location from where your Dedicated IP will appear. You will not be able to change it afterward. Click on 'Redeem Token'. Once you click on it, you'll notice that your Token will be automatically downloaded on your PC along with further instructions.
4. Make sure you write it down, print it, or save it somewhere only you know about.
If you lose it, it will be gone forever!
- Once you have selected your Location and clicked on Redeem Token, please be aware that this process is irreversible and there is no support we can offer to change it afterward.
- For security reasons, your Token will only be visible while you are on that page. Therefore, do not close it or refresh it before saving the Token.
- Should you lose the Token, there is no way to retrieve it. Make sure that you save it before refreshing or closing the page.
Add your Dedicated IP to the CyberGhost App
1. Next, open your CyberGhost App and click on the expand button located on the left side of the main screen.
2. Click on the 'Dedicated IP' tab. Fill in your Token code that has been automatically downloaded on your PC - take a look under the 'Downloads' folder and you'll find a .txt file named 'Token'.
*Please make sure that you save that Token code, as there is no way to generate another one.
3. We highly recommend that you Copy / Paste your dedicated IP token, previously downloaded from your account, in order to avoid any typos.
4. Hit the Activate button.
Finally, you will receive a confirmation message that your dedicated IP has been added to your CyberGhost VPN App, along with the expiration date.
You can also click on the star-shaped icon right next to your dedicated IP address, so that you can easily find your dedicated IP address in the Favorites section.
For any additional information or concerns - it is best to approach the Support Department:
via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
via on-line request: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
via 24/7 Live! Chat Sessions on our website