This article presents the basic features from the CyberGhost VPN app on Android TVs.
Tap on the gear symbol to open the Settings menu and view the main categories:
Username : Shows the current active account name or e-mail address used when registering. You can change your user name at any time in your CyberGhost online account
Plan: Your type of subscription.
- Active devices : Amount of active devices. Depending on your subscription you can use your plan with different numbers of devices at the same time. To remove or add a device, please visit your online account.
- Renews on : Show the end date of the current subscription.
- Anonymous statistics : If you activate it, we only examine a limited amount of anonymous data - device type (phone, tablet, or tv), Android version, and whether you are a free or a paying user. This data cannot be traced back to a real person, but it helps us scale our infrastructure and troubleshoot any potential issue.
- Use Domain Fronting : The 'Domain Fronting' feature is needed, if the domains *.cyberghostvpn.com or the corresponding IP addresses are blocked (meaning: our API is not reachable; e.g. because of censorship).
- Article catalog : Displays all articles available in the application.
- FAQ : Displays a list of all our F.A.Qs articles.
- Report a problem : A direct link to send out requests to our support team or share your opinion about the CyberGhost app! Any kind of feedback helps us improve and we are eager to hear your thoughts.
- Log out : Here you log out from the current active account. The app switches to the start page, where you can log-in again.
- Connection Checker : It will help you determine whether or not you have a properly working internet connection and are ready for a VPN. By simply tapping on, the tool will analyze the reachability of your device as well as the Internet connection and the passage to the CyberGhost network.
- Dedicated IP : Here you can add and activate your Dedicated IP address token.
- VPN protocol : Here you can choose between OpenVPN and WireGuard® to be your default protocol. 'Auto' option will connect you by default with WireGuard®.
- Small packet size : Here you can enable a small MTU size, if you are experiencing website blockages. This option will automatically adjust it according to the capabilities of your underlying network.
- Use random port to connect: This option allows CyberGhost to establish connections through randomly chosen ports (which will be changed with each new connection), instead of a fixed port (which makes it easy for providers to slow down or block CyberGhost connections). In case your provider or network admin (such as in Hotels or Airports) doesn't allow VPN traffic, the activation of this option might help to successfully connect to the CyberGhost network because usually only a few ports are blocked.
- Content Blocker: Enabling this will block domains used for ads, trackers and malware.
- App Split Tunnel: This features allows you to choose which apps will access the Internet through the VPN tunnel and which apps will be omitted by the VPN encryption. By default, CyberGhost routes all traffic from all apps through the VPN tunnel (where your IP is changed and all traffic encrypted). If you do not make any changes to Split tunneling after installing CyberGhost, all of your apps will go through the VPN by default.
Here you activate a warning each time CyberGhost detects a new Wi-Fi network. If you are concerned about your device's security in public hotspots (which you should), it's recommended to keep this option activated at any time.
You can choose one of the following actions (all options are available for password-protected networks and open networks alike):
- Ask : Every time your device detects a Wi-Fi network, CyberGhost asks you if you want to be protected.
- Protect : Every time your device detects a Wi-Fi network, CyberGhost automatically starts a VPN connection.
- Disable protection : If you already have a VPN connection running and you enter a (different) Wi-Fi network, CyberGhost will disable the VPN connection.
- Ignore : By choosing this option, CyberGhost will ignore any Wi-Fi network.
Known Wi-Fi networks: Since CyberGhost remembers networks and the reaction wanted on any particular network you can manage here all known networks, such as assigning a different reaction to a specific one, by simply tapping on the specific Wi-Fi network.
For any additional information or concerns - it is best to approach the Support Department:
via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
via on-line request: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
via 24/7 Live! Chat Sessions on our website