Prepaid and promotion keys (e.g. through a campaign, special sale, a promotion, or a Bitcoin or offline sale) must be entered manually into your CyberGhost account.
*Prepaid keys are just available in the cases described above. The subscriptions acquired from our online store, do not come with an activation key, as they are automatically linked and activated to a CyberGhost account.
In case you don't have a CyberGhost account yet, please create one, for free. Find out here how to do that.
To activate a key, first open the CyberGhost account management, directly from your preferred browser.
- Once logged in, expand the menu by hitting the profile logo from the right side
- Select Account Settings
- Then select the Use your activation key button
- Enter your activation key in the box available for this purpose, then press on 'Use'.
- Note validity : The key must not have been used before (a single activation key is only valid once) and to use the same key on other devices, simply log in to your CyberGhost account on other devices with the chosen Username (alias) or password.
- Note time frame : The key must not be expired. Note that some promotion campaigns include an expiration date, this means you must activate the key before the due date, otherwise, the key expires.
- No downgrades : No subscription of a higher value can be replaced by a subscription of a lower value. A downgrade is not possible!
- No mixture of subscriptions : A prepaid activation key must not be entered in an account with a regular recurrent CyberGhost subscription. If you want to force it, you must cancel your old subscription before and request a refund. Note : The remaining runtime of the old subscription will be lost.
- Promotions : Promotion subscriptions usually can't be extended by a prepaid activation key. Instead, they will replace an existing subscription of that type and the remaining run time will be lost.
After entering the key please note the respective messages about the remaining run time of your old subscription. Depending on the difference between the types of subscriptions (your old and your new one) it might be that you get an extended run time or loose remaining days. If the latter is the case cancel the activation for now and wait until your current subscription runs out - but please be aware of possible time frames of activating a subscription that might come with. Promotions for example can only be activated until a certain date.
For any additional information or concerns - it is best to approach the Support Department:
via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
via on-line request: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
via 24/7 Live! Chat Sessions on our website