Here you will find all the settings and features you need to personalize and troubleshoot your VPN connection. With a tap on the gear symbol, you will open the Settings Menu.
Username : Shows the current active account name, for trial version users it's the mail address used when registering. You can change your user name at any time in your CyberGhost online account
Plan: Your type of subscription.
- Active devices : Amount of active devices. Depending on your subscription you can use your plan with different numbers of devices at the same time. To remove or add a device, please visit your online account.
- Renews on : The date your current subscription will run-out.
- Manage subscription : It will redirect you to your CyberGhost online account.
- Anonymous statistics : If you activate it, we only examine a limited amount of anonymous data - device type (phone, tablet, etc.), IOS version, and whether you are a free or a paying user. This data cannot be traced back to a real person, but it helps us scale our infrastructure and troubleshoot any potential issue.
- Haptic response : Use your device's sensors with our app to add a sensory experience
- Share network data for debugging : Activate this option for a better debugging experience
- FAQ : Displays a list of all our F.A.Qs articles.
- Contact Support : Report a problem to our support team and/or tell us your opinion about the CyberGhost app! Every kind of feedback helps to improve and we are eager to hear your thoughts!
- Log out : Here you log out from the current active account. The app switches to the start page, where you can log-in again.
- Protocol : Here you can choose between IKEv2 and WireGuard® to be your default protocol. 'Auto' option will connect you by default with WireGuard®.
- Dedicated IP : Here you can add and activate your Dedicated IP address token.
- Connection Checker : It will help you determine whether or not you have a properly working internet connection and are ready for a VPN. By simply tapping on, the tool will analyze the reachability of your device as well as the Internet connection and the passage to the CyberGhost network.
- Small packet size: Here you can enable a small MTU size, if you are experiencing website blockages. This option will automatically adjust it according to the capabilities of your underlying network.
Here you activate a warning each time CyberGhost detects a new Wi-Fi network. If you are concerned about your device's security in public hotspots (which you should), it's recommended to keep this option activated at any time. To define the way Wi-Fi networks should be treated at availability, tap on the resp. entry.
Now choose one of the following actions (all options are available for password-protected networks and open networks alike):
Ask : Every time your device detects a Wi-Fi network, CyberGhost asks you if you want to be protected.
Always connect : Every time your device detects a Wi-Fi network, CyberGhost automatically starts a VPN connection.
Terminate connection: By choosing this option, CyberGhost will ignore any Wi-Fi network.
Never protect : If you already have a VPN connection running and you enter a (different) Wi-Fi network, CyberGhost will disable the VPN connection.
Manage Wi-Fi Networks : Since CyberGhost remembers networks and the reaction wanted on any particular network you can manage here all known networks, such as assigning a different reaction to a specific one, by simply tapping on the respective Wi-Fi Network.
These are all you can currently find on our iOS application and everything you need to customize it to your needs.
For any additional information or concerns - it is best to approach the Support Department:
via e-mail: email@example.com
via on-line request: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
via 24/7 Live! Chat Sessions on our website