Here you will find all the settings and features you need to personalize and troubleshoot your VPN connection. With a tap on the gear symbol, you will open the Settings Menu.
Username : Shows the current active account name, for trial version users it's the mail address used when registering. You can change your user name at any time in your CyberGhost online account
Plan: Your type of subscription.
- Active devices : Amount of active devices. Depending on your subscription you can use your plan with different numbers of devices at the same time. To remove or add a device, please visit your online account.
- Renews on : The date your current subscription will auto-renew..
- Manage subscription : It will redirect you to your CyberGhost online account.
- Anonymous statistics : If you activate it, we only examine a limited amount of anonymous data - device type (phone, tablet, or tv), Android version, and whether you are a free or a paying user. This data cannot be traced back to a real person, but it helps us scale our infrastructure and troubleshoot any potential issue.
- Use Domain Fronting : The 'Domain Fronting' feature is needed, if the domains *.cyberghostvpn.com or the corresponding IP addresses are blocked (meaning: our API is not reachable; e.g. because of censorship).
- Article catalog : Displays all articles available in the application.
- FAQ : Displays a list of all our F.A.Qs articles.
- Contact Support : Report a problem to our support team and/or tell us your opinion about the CyberGhost app! Every kind of feedback helps to improve and we are eager to hear your thoughts!
- Log out : Here you log out from the current active account. The app switches to the start page, where you can log-in again.
- Connection Checker : It will help you determine whether or not you have a properly working internet connection and are ready for a VPN. By simply tapping on, the tool will analyze the reachability of your device as well as the Internet connection and the passage to the CyberGhost network.
- Dedicated IP : Here you can add and activate your Dedicated IP address token.
- VPN protocol : Here you can choose between OpenVPN and WireGuard® to be your default protocol. 'Auto' option will connect you by default with WireGuard®.
- MTU size : Here you can set a custom MTU size if you are experiencing website blockages. 'Auto' option will automatically adjust it according to the capabilities of your underlying network.
- Use random port to connect: This option allows CyberGhost to establish connections through randomly chosen ports (which will be changed with each new connection), instead of a fixed port (which makes it easy for providers to slow down or block CyberGhost connections). In case your provider or network admin (such as in Hotels or Airports) doesn't allow VPN traffic, the activation of this option might help to successfully connect to the CyberGhost network because usually only a few ports are blocked.
- Ad-Blocker : Improves your Internet experience by filtering annoying ads. Web pages can be loaded faster and read better. Furthermore your online security profits a lot, since malware often also got distributed by ad networks. On mobile data connections, this feature can help saving money (fewer data to transfer) and battery (fewer data to process).
- Data compression : Compresses images and web content. Inside home networks, the data compression feature is usually deactivated, for obvious reasons, but if on the road and dependent on mobile connections, one can save money on reducing the amount of data through compression.
- Protection against malicious websites : Extends your Internet security by detection and blockage of potentially dangerous websites. A deactivation can raise surfing speeds.
- Prevent online tracking : Prevents monitoring, recording, and analyzing of your surfing behaviors. A deactivation can raise surfing speeds.
- The Split Tunneling feature enables you to choose which apps will access the Internet through the VPN tunnel and which apps you'd like to allow to access the Internet via your main connection. By default, CyberGhost routes ALL traffic from ALL apps through the VPN tunnel (where your IP is changed and all traffic encrypted). If you do not make any changes to Split tunneling after installing CyberGhost, all of your apps will go through the VPN by default.
Here you activate a warning each time CyberGhost detects a new Wi-Fi network. If you are concerned about your device's security in public hotspots (which you should), it's recommended to keep this option activated at any time. To define the way Wi-Fi networks should be treated at availability, tap on the resp. entry.
Now choose one of the following actions (all options are available for password-protected networks and open networks alike):
- Ask : Every time your device detects a Wi-Fi network, CyberGhost asks you if you want to be protected.
- Protect : Every time your device detects a Wi-Fi network, CyberGhost automatically starts a VPN connection.
- Disable protection : If you already have a VPN connection running and you enter a (different) Wi-Fi network, CyberGhost will disable the VPN connection.
- Ignore : By choosing this option, CyberGhost will ignore any Wi-Fi network.
Manage Wi-Fi Networks : Since CyberGhost remembers networks and the reaction wanted on any particular network you can manage here all known networks, such as assigning a different reaction to a specific one, by simply tapping on the respective Wi-Fi Network.
These are all you can currently find on our Android application and everything you need to customize it to your needs.
For any additional information or concerns - it is best to approach the Support Department:
via e-mail: email@example.com
via on-line request: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
via 24/7 Live! Chat Sessions on our website