CyberGhost's paid services automatically renew at the end of each service period, and the payment method chosen is billed again, until you decide to cancel your automatic payments.
Please note, that turning auto-renewal off for a subscription doesn't result in any refunds as it is a separate event that is triggered manually.
Purchased from www.cyberghostvpn.com
If you'd like to cancel your subscription and stop future payments, please proceed as follows :
1. Go to your CyberGhost account and select the profile logo from the right side.
2. Select 'Subscriptions'
3. Then, once the subscription page is displayed, hit the Cancel Subscription button.
Additional security pop-ups will appear to double check if this was an on demand action instead of a possible miss-click. If you are determined to cancel all the subscriptions, proceed by clicking on "Cancel subscription" :
If you want to re-activate your subscription (automatic renewal), simply perform the same steps as above and click on the button ‘Reactivate Subscription'
Purchased with my iTunes account
To stop future charges from happening, cancelling the subscription can be done from your iOS device.
It's that easy and with a just few taps, you are done on the fly!
* Open the Settings menu on your iPhone or iPad
* Tap the name that appears at the top of the Settings menu(typically has the iTunes account name)
* Tap on iTunes & App Store
* Tap Apple ID(at the very top of the screen) and choose View Apple ID. Log in your Apple ID
* Scroll down to Subscriptions and locate the CyberGhost subscription. Tap on it
* Tap Cancel Subscription(you will receive a pop-up message to confirm that you wish to cancel the subscription)
NOTE: This will mean that cancelling the subscription will apply for future charges - not for charges that have happened already and for past charges.
Q: Where can I reach Apple and why do I have to do it?
A: The most frequent ways are either by phone or in writing.
- via phone: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232
- in writing: https://support.apple.com/en-euro/itunes-contact
As CyberGhost cannot request on your behalf, the most direct approach would be from the customer himself.
Contacting Apple is the only direction to go.
Only Apple can refund purchases made via iTunes but luckily, they can be reached!
Purchased via Google Play Store
Similar to what the process is for iTunes purchases, the same direction can be taken when the charge has happened via Google Play Store. Luckily too, there are ways to cancel the subscription for Android as well!
* Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device
* Head to the Menu button(located in the upper left corner of the Google Play Store)
* After the Menu field expands press on Subscriptions > choose the CyberGhost VPN subscription
* Press Cancel Subscription(located in the lower part of the page)
* Tap Cancel Subscription / Trial in the pop-up message that will display.
You are done!
Q: Where can I reach Google if I am having trouble with cancelling the subscription?
A: With the following link, you will take good steps in the right direction:
I just have a trial account with no purchase completed
With trial periods, charges only happen after the trial period ends. Have you already cancelled the subscription as shown above before the last day of your trial ? Then it means that you will not be charged at all.
The process was simplified for the use of everyone.
Q: I want to make sure that I will not be charged. What do I do?
A: With any concern or question that you may have, the Support Team @ CyberGhost VPN will always be ready to assist. Just get in touch with them and let them know what happened.
For any additional information or concerns - it is best to approach the Support Department:
via e-mail: email@example.com
via on-line request: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
via 24/7 Live! Chat Sessions on our website