There are a number of factors that may be responsible for why a VPN connection could not be established. This topic covers various troubleshooting steps to help resolve connectivity issues.
After each step, check if the issue still remains.
- Change the default protocol.
Change the protocol from IKEv2 to Wireguard and try to connect again.
- Temporarily disable any applications that may interfere.
Certain apps that can gain control of the network on your device may interfere with the VPN connection of CyberGhost. Your VPN connection might be blocked by a firewall, antivirus, or anti-spyware program.
- Change the network.
To determine if this problem occurs only on the network in question, it is helpful to check if the same problem persists on other networks as well.
With iOS devices, this can easily be done by simply switching from the Wi-Fi network to the Data network.
- Try different server locations.
Due to a series of factors, one location may offer a more stable connection than others.
- Reboot your device.
Sometimes rebooting your device will do the trick.
- Disable the low power mode.
Low power mode also disables many of the phone's systems, along with some network functions.
Reinstall the application.
Uninstall the app, reboot your device, and install the app again. Then try connecting again.
- Reset your Wi-Fi network settings (only if using Wi-Fi):
All your Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, will be removed and default Wi-Fi settings restored. This includes VPNs and APN you've set up.
1. In your Settings app, tap “General.”
2. On the General settings page, tap “Reset.”
3. On the Reset page, tap “Reset Network Settings.”
4. If you have a passcode set up, you’ll be asked to enter it.
5. And when asked to confirm your action, tap “Reset Network Settings.”
6. Also, launch the Settings app from the Home screen and navigate to Wi-Fi. On the right side of your wireless network field, tap on the i button to view the settings for the network.
7. Tap "Renew Lease" at the bottom of the settings pane to reset your device’s IP address and to refresh your connection. Reboot the device after that.
Should the connection problems persist, please contact our customer support team via live chat or email and we will help you!
via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
via on-line request: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
via 24/7 Live! Chat Sessions on our website