For Windows systems, the TAP adapter is in charge of managing VPN connections for the OpenVPN.
If an error occurs with the TAP adapter, the easiest solution is to restart the TAP adapter.
Disable and re-enable TAP adapter
1. Go to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center -> Change Adapter Settings.
2. One of the local area connections will have an under-name 'TAP-Windows Adapter V9'
3. Disable it and enable it again. Try to connect now.
Should the issue persist, uninstall the TAP driver, and then reinstall CyberGhost VPN.
Uninstall TAP adapter
- Press the Run dialog box. + keys to open the
Enter the following text, then press the Enter key :
- In the Device Manager window, double-click to expand it.
Right-click TAP-Windows Adapter V9 and select Properties.
If you cannot find TAP-Windows Adapter V9 under Network Adapter, on the top menu bar, click View > Show Hidden Devices.
- On the Driver tab, click .
- Check 'Delete the driver software for this device', and click to continue.
Install TAP adapter
- Go to this download link:
Right-click the TAP-Windows 'exe' and select Run as administrator.
- Restart Windows after installing the driver.
For any additional information or concerns - it is best to approach the Support Department:
via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
via on-line request: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
via 24/7 Live! Chat Sessions on our website