There are a number of factors that may be responsible for why a VPN connection could not be established. This topic covers various troubleshooting steps to help resolve connectivity issues.
After each step, check if the issue still remains.
What to try first
- TCP IP reset / Renew DHCP Lease
1. Click on Apple icon in the top left corner and then select System Preferences.
2. Now, open Network.
3. Click on Internet connection with status Connected. Then click Advanced button in the bottom left corner.
4. Open TCP/IP tab and click Renew DHCP Lease
5. Press OK to complete the task.
6. Reboot your Mac.
- Try different server locations.
Due to a series of factors, one location may offer a more stable connection than others.
- Restart your device.
Sometimes restarting your device will do the trick.
Reinstall the application.
Uninstall the app, reboot your device, and install the app again. Then try connecting again.
Disable IPv6 support. Please find below our how-to guide:
- Temporarily disable any applications that may interfere.
Certain apps that can gain control of the network on your device may interfere with the VPN connection of CyberGhost. Your VPN connection might be blocked by a firewall, antivirus, or anti-spyware program.
Remove potential safety Security or Parental controls from your router.
Some ISPs usually equipped their routers with parental/security controls enabled by default. Log in to your router, look for the "Security" tab and see if any security features or parental controls are turned on.
- Reboot your router/modem.
1. Unplug power cables from modem and router*
2. Wait 30 seconds, plug modem in
3. Wait 30 seconds, plug router in
4. Wait 30 seconds, the network is now refreshed.
*If you have a router/modem combo, just unplug that device.
Should the connection problems persist, please contact our customer support team via live chat or email and we will help you!
Should the connection problems persist, please contact us :
via e-mail: email@example.com
via on-line request: https://support.cyberghostvpn.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
via 24/7 Live! Chat Sessions on our website